Saturday, December 27, 2008

Flood My Soul

This a short one that was written when I was camping alone one weekend up by Grand Rapids. It started raining hard as I sat in the camper. I love thunderstorms and the sound of the rain on the camper. Can't explain the feeling but there is something powerful and yet soothing about it. I've been saying I'm peacefully conflicted and a thunderstorm in the camper may be the sound and feel of that. Doesn't matter where I am I love a thunderstorm. (In fact, I want to be a storm chaser.) There is something spiritual in all of it and I tried to capture that in this poem.

Flood My Soul

The rain pounds down
Will it float away my sin
Carry all my doubts
Sweep my fears away
Wash my muddy heart
Cleanse my cluttered mind
Spirit overflow me
Flood my soul with grace
The rain pounds down

I realize I wrote this also when I was experimenting with different styles of poetry. I sometimes get wordy with my poems and wanted to see if I could express my inner thoughts more concisely through poetry. I like this one and the flow of it. It captures my image, my faith struggles and walk quite well.

No comments: