Saturday, December 27, 2008

Eyes

This one is a work in progress...feel free to help out. I am big believer in the eyes being the window to your soul. I am sure I am not alone but I believe I can tell a great deal about a person just by looking into their eyes. It can be intimidating to have someone really look into your eyes, maybe scary as I'm not sure I want others to see into my soul for fear they may not like who I am. Those who I am closest to I can see their state of being almost immediately by looking in their eyes. A friend I work with this year came to a meeting and I knew immediately something was wrong. She had sad eyes. She was surprised when I asked her about it as she thought it was hidden. There was some stress in her life and it showed up in her eyes. When I was in college I sang with a Christian rock band. We used to pray that the audience would see Jesus in our eyes. That they would see a difference in our eyes. It was miraculous how many times we were told after a concert that they could see something different in our eyes. Yep, the eyes have it for me.

Eyes

Will you look into my eyes
And see into my soul
If you see into my soul
Will there be a fire burning
If you see a fire burning
Who will the flame belong to
And if the flame belongs to God
Will you see Jesus in my eyes

Will you look into my eyes
And see into my life
If you see into my life
Will there be compassion or pride
If you see compassion
Will the actions of my life reflect that
And if you see pride and not love
Will you see sadness in my eyes

Will you look into my eyes
And see beyond my sin
If you see beyond my sin
Will there be a child of God
If you see a child of God
Will I see a child of God too
And if I see a child of God
Will I see beauty in your eyes

Not sure if this is in its final mode but you get the drift.

No comments: