Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Now I remember

Thanks to Neerdmans and his blog I remember what my random thought was.

There is a line in a Sheryl Crow song that says, "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!" I like where that energy is directed. Being thankful for all that we are given and have as opposed to greedily wanting more as the media ingrains in our minds a thousand times a day. How does this connect to freedom? Isn't being thankful and content with what we have truly a freedom of the soul? Content? Yes, content. I believe there is a difference between contentment and satisfaction. To me contentment is being thankful and grateful for the gifts in life we are given. Being satisfied means we are done, there is nothing more to strive for and I never want to be satisfied. That may be a large fault of mine but I always want to continue to strive to make a difference for at least one person. I wish I was more content more often but I am finally seeing that my not being satisfied is not necessarily a bad thing.

As you can tell, music truly speaks to my soul. It's where I get lost in thought and challenged in ideas. I do enjoy reading but music seems to impact me in a more powerful way.

Hey, I have a dream of a powerful ministry which involves a Christian band. Anybody want to join the dream? I have mediocre singing and music abilities but a good heart!

3 comments:

nerdman said...

Contentment... Satisfaction...

It call all be traced back to the ego. I, me, mine... as long as that is ticking it doesn't work out.

Anonymous said...

That line in the Crow song is one of my favorites too. A lot of meaning. Hard to do every day though.
j.

Anonymous said...

"Knowing where you're going and who you're meant to be, that's what freedom means to me." - Randy Stonehill

"I am free, I can see, and I'm who I want to be." - Larry Norman

That's all I got (and it ain't mine!)