Sunday, February 28, 2010

Buried - A Lenten Journey

Overwhelmed by trying to do it all
The world it seems so big and yet I feel so small
Immobilized not knowing where to start
Wondering if I have the gifts to do my part

So focused on my selfish wants and needs
Or trying to impress by doing some good deeds
Lost within the work and tasks life demands
In the midst of this chaos without praying hands

Becoming someone that I don't desire
Sarcastic, cutting doing nothing to inspire
Focus on the negative and the wrong
Instead of all the beauty within each one's song

I seek your grace, forgiveness this day
Lord help me live your love in all I do and say
Remove all of my doubt, unrest and fear
Look into my child's eyes and feel your presence here

Take this hardened heart and make my sin fade
All creation shows us the promises you made
Empty cross and tomb will be upon us soon
Resurrect my spirit and shine like the full moon

No comments: